Workshops Important Dates
Call for Workshops: Sept. 9-Oct. 6, 2020
Proposal Review and Selection: Oct. 30-Nov. 24, 2020
Notification sent by email: Mid-December 2020
Workshop change requests: If you need to make a change to a session after the submission deadline, please click here.
The most successful workshops are highly interactive and address innovative ideas and learner-centered needs. Major criteria for workshop selection include:
- A topic that is timely and important for the intended audience
- The innovativeness of the proposal
- Learning objectives that are clear and appropriate
- The skill and expertise of the leaders
- A format that is likely to be interactive and attractive for participants and is optimized for virtual presentation
- The appropriateness of the topic to academic pediatricians and pediatricians-in-training
While the format may vary, workshops should be designed to facilitate discussions between workshop leaders and participants. The workshop may include a short didactic presentation, but the overall intention of these sessions is to actively involve the attendees in the learning process. Workshop leaders and participants should be prepared to jointly dive into this cooperative venture!
Workshop submissions are extremely competitive every year; on average, only about 25% of submissions are accepted. To maximize the diversity of topics and leaders, preference may be given to workshops that have not been presented in both of the past two years. We also encourage the development of workshops that appeal to more senior faculty as well as trainees. Workshops will be selected to maximize audience participation and ensure a broad diversity of topics in a virtual environment.
Please note: If your session is selected, we will work with you on final details to ensure the best possible session for a virtual environment. If a session will be recorded the day of, the presenters agree to be available during the broadcast and agree to be recorded.